Information for Fijians in the UK

Fiji citizens residing in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland should register with the High Commission. Through registration, the High Commission can more accurately gauge the number and location of Fiji citizens in the event that an emergency situation necessitates the rapid dissemination of vital information. Registration may be done in person at the Embassy or by clicking on the link below to downloading, completing and sending to the Embassy the form below.

Registration of Fiji Nationals in the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland

Inset Registration Forms

Fiji citizens travelling in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland should be aware that the High Commission can only provide a very basic safety net for travellers in difficulty. Travellers need to be aware that Fiji citizens who enter a foreign state become subject to its laws and are legally accountable for acts they commit on its territory. In the event of a Fiji citizen finding him or herself in difficulty, Fiji High Commission Officers will seek to ensure that Fiji citizens receive the benefit of the same laws, administration, protection and means of redress which the foreign state affords its own subjects.

If you do happen to encounter serious problems while you are in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland ,you should seek the assistance of the Fiji High Commission. However, there are very clear limits to what the Fiji High Commission can do.

What the High Commission Can Do

  • Issue emergency travel documents.
  • Provide assistance in the case of an accident, serious illness, or death to arrange for next of kin to be informed.
  • Provide a list of doctors and lawyers.
  • Visit you in jail, if you are arrested, if you so request and arrange for your family to be informed, if you wish.
  • Help you during emergencies, such as natural disasters.

What the High Commission Cannot Do

  • Arrange any of your travel or hotel bookings.
  • Pay your hotel, medical, or any other bills or become involved in disputes about these expenses.
  • Provide funds to pay your legal costs or fines.
  • Get you out of jail.
  • Represent you at legal proceedings or give legal advice.
  • Obtain special treatment for you in jail, or hospital, or in any dealings you might have with local authorities.
  • Obtain work or a work permit for you.


>> Download Registration Form
Consular duties
Repatriation of Human Remains
Information for Fijians in the UK
Site map|